Total Pageviews

Monday 2 March 2015

Painting During my Rehab





 These paintings, with the exception of the second, were done over the last three months while I was convalescing from my hip fracture and surgery. (The second was done earlier in the year but I combined it with the others to compare how my painting style and ability has changed or matured over the last year or so). The first three were done from photographs I took while in Stockholm, Sweden last March. The fourth painting was done from a photo I took in London, at Trafalgar Square in London where we visited in June. I don't notice a huge difference between the earlier painting and the last three, which I painted this last January and February. I believe that I have modified my technique of painting with the water colour medium so that now I paint in a freer manner. I feel more in control of the medium and much more confident. That takes a long time to achieve with this medium, and I feel that I will continue to do that as time goes on. I don't have a problem with the composition of the image, which really was optimized during the taking of the photograph itself. So far I am happy with the outcome of these four.





No comments:

Post a Comment